Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm trying to work on my 2 lawnmowers, craftsman eager-1 leaking oil,briggs & strat, pulley,where are manuals?

Sears has a parts look up on their website. You must know your model number to get any information. Not sure if Briggs has downloadable manuals for consumers or not. If you email me your model and serial number, (for your engine and mower) I might be able to get you information.I'm trying to work on my 2 lawnmowers, craftsman eager-1 leaking oil,briggs %26amp; strat, pulley,where are manuals?
Craftsman leaking oil. There are three reasons for leaking oil.


1. Its over full


2. Sump plate gasket is cracked


3. Crankshaft oil ring needs to be replaced.





Now here's a short cut that I have used for some customers that could not afford to pay allot of money to get their mower fixed. If the leak is at the sump plate. Tip the mower to the opposite side slightly and prop it up it up with a board. Clean the area good with gasoline where it leaks on the seem. Get J%26amp;B Weld. Mix two poertions together and then apply it on the seem and let dry for three to four hours.. It will stop the oil from leaking and it works. I actually had a mower that threw a rod and cracked the case. I applied J %26amp; B Weld on the crack and used that block and made a used lawnmpwer for trimming around my house.





Next issue is the oil ring. There are two of them. One small around the dip stick and the other is around the crankshaft underneath the mower. Remove the blade and blade adapter. Clean the shaft with a soft sandpaper or brush. Take a small screw driver and stick it in the seal at a slant soide ways and and press it out. Replace it with a new one if it leaks only. When you put a new seal in slide it up with oil on the shaft and take a pvc pipe the same size diameter of the seal and and tap it in with a hammer and presto your done.





Next issue Briggs pulley's are not hard to fix. Tell me which model you have and I will give a step by step process to carefully to do it your self and save $$$$$

No comments:

Post a Comment