Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Oil Filter Leak?

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee sport 4.0 Liter 6 cylinder, and since I synthetic oil in it, it has been leaking from the oil filter. My oil pressure guage does not work, so I have no idea what my oil pressure is, but it seems normal. This is the second oil filter that has started to leak, and I am sure that there is only one seal in it. I have been using napa premium oil filters with castrol syntec oil, should I try a fram filter or some thing like that? What else could be causing the leak?Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Oil Filter Leak?
I have a Cherokee 4.0 2000 also


The oil pressure sensor is located right near the oil filter clean the area real good with some degreaser and then run it a bit I'll bet you find the oil is not coming from the filter but from you non working oil pressure sensorJeep Cherokee 4.0 Oil Filter Leak?
Is it the filter itself or is it the seal that leaks.





Make sure the seal bed is clean in the first place. If it is the filter that cracks change the make.

No comments:

Post a Comment