Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mercedes Benz E320 1994 Oil & transmission leak?

I own a 1994 Mercedes Benz E320. I went to get my oil changed from Jiffy Lube (Great Service). However, they told me my oil and transmission were leaking and I should get them checked out. They also recommended that I get fuel filter service, transmission service and cabin air filter service.





Can anyone give recommendations for a good service center in the east bay and any other comments.Mercedes Benz E320 1994 Oil %26amp; transmission leak?
Sounds like a typical Jiffy up-sell. I would get a second opinion on those services before you went ahead and did them.





When did you do the filter changes last? The recommended Benz intervals are every 2 years/30K miles for the trans fluid and filter and every 4 years/60K miles for the fuel filter. The dust filter should be changed every year but keep in mind that not all W124 chassis ( E-class from 86 to 95 ) even had them ( although they were more common in the 94 and 95 model years )Mercedes Benz E320 1994 Oil %26amp; transmission leak?
Don't fool around, take it to a Mercedes dealer. Even if you don't get it fixed there you will get an accurate diagnosis of your issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment