Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I get oil out of a carpet? (My motorbike leaks oil onto my foot and I had trod it in) Please help!?

Oil is a non-polar solvent. You need to use something that also has non-polar qualities or a mixture of polar / non-polar.





Use a SMALL amount of charcoal lighter on a wet rag or sponge and wipe the area back and forth. Use charcoal lighter for the grill. It is much less flamable than lighter fluid. After the majority of it comes up, then go over the same spot with a little full strength Pine-sol or Murphy's Oil-soap. (It has both polar and non polar action). Another product that is like Charcoal lighter isa commercial product called ';Goo Gone';. It works as well.





Rinse and you are done... unless the whole carpet is dirty... then just rent a carpet shampooer and ad pine-sol to the solution and full strength on hot spots of dirt.How do I get oil out of a carpet? (My motorbike leaks oil onto my foot and I had trod it in) Please help!?
Costco sells a product called Oil Eater. It comes with a spray bottle and you mix it with the right amount of water for what you are cleaning. I work in fast food and it takes the oil stains out of my work shirts.How do I get oil out of a carpet? (My motorbike leaks oil onto my foot and I had trod it in) Please help!?
Try some corn starch, sprinkle it on there, lightly rub in let sit till it absorbs than sweep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment