Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I have a 1993 Ford Econoline Van with a coolant leak. I have traced where but cannot find it. Near oil pan.?

After pouring gobs of water in to trace the leak, I have found the leak to be somewhere between the oil pan and the transmission fluid pan. I don't have access to a lift, only a floor jack. Are there hoses that run on top of the transmission? I have checked all of my heat plugs everything is intact. The fluid just gushes out.I have a 1993 Ford Econoline Van with a coolant leak. I have traced where but cannot find it. Near oil pan.?
Your heater hose are above the tranny, take your dog house off and look there. Its either a hose or the back of the intake gasket.I have a 1993 Ford Econoline Van with a coolant leak. I have traced where but cannot find it. Near oil pan.?
There are freeze plugs in the rear of the engine between the trans and engine. IOne could be corroded. Or if the temp got below freezing the plug could be popped out.
its coming from on top look with a flashlight it will show up





most likley an intake manifold gasket

No comments:

Post a Comment