Saturday, December 26, 2009

Was I sick from leaking oil from heater?

I recently stayed at the beach house of a friend. The day I got there, I started feeling ill. Headaches, stomach cramps, temp. It got worse each night, and better during the day.





On the day before I left, I realised that her small portable oil heater had leaked yellowish oil. This was in the bedroom. While unused, the room was heated by another source. No odour though.





I accidently got some on my bare feet as I was cleaning up and started feeling ill soon after. I didn't connect at the time that this oil may have been toxic. As soon as I left I started feeling much better.





Does anyone know if the oil in heaters is toxic? It is cleaned up and I told my friend but I am just interested in how dumb I actually was.Was I sick from leaking oil from heater?
i dont know,but maybe when u left the airing from outside may have cured your ailments.I dont think u being barefooted would have that much of an effect

No comments:

Post a Comment