Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why is Oil Leaking Out Of my Exhaust Pipe?

I have an old 74 Chevy Truck. since its a 74, I dIdn't need the smog regulator so I removed it. as soon as i did, the exhaust pipe started leaking oil along with the exhaust. It comes out as a mist but it's a noticable amount when I check the oil. It's been happening ever since I removed the regulator a couple months ago and it hasn't stopped. What's the problem and how can i fix it without puting the smog regulator back on? Any help greatly apreciated. ThanksWhy is Oil Leaking Out Of my Exhaust Pipe?
Well without actually putting any guages to it.... here we go.. I'm not sure if you removed a smog pump or an EGR Valve... so there can be alot of variables here....





Worn valve guides and leaking valve seals...





Worn rings .... oil is going past them into the cylinders....





A cracked oil ring.... so it isn't wiping excess oil off the cylinder wall back to the crankcase...Why is Oil Leaking Out Of my Exhaust Pipe?
It sounds like your oil control rings are bad. If that's the case, you will have to rebuild your engine.
its a 74 model and its woreout for one if you got oil out the tail pipe a ring is bad
keep the cat converter on, your contaminating our breathing air.
Are you SURE it is oil? It may be black carbon%26amp;water mixed.
sounds alot like you have either valve seating problems or piston ring problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment