Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I got a 4.0 hp push mower leaks oil from the front. do you think its overfilled?

plus after i shut it off i got white smoke any ideas?I got a 4.0 hp push mower leaks oil from the front. do you think its overfilled?
Sounds like to much oil..........the dip sticks are rough on my old eyes anymore........alot of them are not well marked....I try and get out into the light or carry a light with me and a nice clean cloth. I would recommend you check it when it's cold...and take your time........it really is important....niteI got a 4.0 hp push mower leaks oil from the front. do you think its overfilled?
I picked up a mower a while back. It has a Tecumseh engine. It was leaking oil, blowing smoke out the exhaust and dripping oil out of the air filter. It has the wrong dipstick in it. If you fill it up to the full mark it is way over full. Anyway if you overfill the crankcase the oil will be blown out the vent line. The vent line goes to the airbox. It will get into the airfilter and carburetor. It should take less than a quart of oil for that engine. I would drain the oil, clean/change the air filter, wipe up any excess oil and refill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment