Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My oil is leaking in my 1999 Ford Taurus, not to bad though. Is my car still safe to drive?

I took my car to get the oil changed because it was due and the machanic said that I had no oil in my car, no oil on the dip stick. So the machanic changed the filter and added oil. But is my car unsafe to drive if I continue to keep adding oil as needed? Is this situation as severe as a leaking trans. or leaking power sterring? Can this problem get worse?My oil is leaking in my 1999 Ford Taurus, not to bad though. Is my car still safe to drive?
It is safe to drive if you keep adding oil, its like a tire with a nail in it, if you keep adding air and procrastinating on it, then it gets you by, but the first time you let the air get too low or forget, then you have a flat, but with the engine it will be seized, there are no tire plugs for engines. No oil on the stick shows you dont maintain your vehicle.My oil is leaking in my 1999 Ford Taurus, not to bad though. Is my car still safe to drive?
you're gonna need to warm the car up first, turn it off, and then check the oil and keep adding oil as the time goes. get it fixed at a shop ASAP because it will get worse. u don't need this headache, and as much oil as ur gonna spend everyday, ur gonna end up wanting to buy a new car...is it worth this aggravation?
it wont get any better, it will only get worse, until you get it fixed. its just as bad as any other leak, as long as you keep putting it off, the worse it will get. there are a few things you can try, like snugging up the bolts on the valve pans and oil pan, also make sure the oil filter is tight and not leaking.
ck your oil frequently. you don't want to drive your car without oil or your engine can seize. keep the oil level to the proper level
yes it can get worse ,it all depends on where the oil leak is coming from to start with,if its a minor leak and you keep it full of oil you should be ok,but you still need to get that repaired,if you forget to add oil to it one day you could ruin a good engine depending on how fast it leaks out,good luck on it.
first get the leak fixed, and no as long as there is oil its fine, if its dripping then fix it. so you dont have to keep adding oil.


thats mostly common sense. fix the leak
It is not safe to drive from what you tell us. Why dont you fix it before you need a 3to 4000$ engine???Its a wonderit hasnt seized up before!!!
just fix the leak before you have a bigger problom.

No comments:

Post a Comment