Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I have a 2000 Neon that's leaking oil. Want to degrease the engine. What, if anything, do I need to cover?

In other words, is there part of the engine I should not get wet?I have a 2000 Neon that's leaking oil. Want to degrease the engine. What, if anything, do I need to cover?
If you have an exposed air filter, cover it. If it's tucked away in a box it'll be allright. Everything should be allright, just avoid spraying the battery, ignition, and alternator as much as possible. Allow plenty of time for these components to dry before you try to start the engine or run any electrical accessories.I have a 2000 Neon that's leaking oil. Want to degrease the engine. What, if anything, do I need to cover?
don't have to cover nothing just keep it running to dry the water off
anything electical batt, alternator, fuel injectors or carb(which ever you have) and starter
I would definitely cover the air intake and the ignition coils/distributor cap at least.
Not really... if it is carbed (and not fuel injected), cover the carb but aside from that, blast away and have a can of water chaser in case you need to dry your wires or the distributor afterwards. (You really can't cover those things anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment