Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My 98 Ply. Van has 94K miles, does not use/leak oil. I'm considering synthetic oil. Good or bad idea?

Actually this is a fairly hot topic at my place of daily torture. We have been switching, in some specific applications where the properties benefit, to synthetic. Actually the term ';synthetic'; does not mean what it used to. Most ';synthetic'; oils are actually synthetic blends to get the best of both worlds. Since they are better in some areas and average or equal in others. Read the attached article and decide for yourself.





I did switch to synthetic in my motorcycle and have noticed increased response and power as compared to regular.My 98 Ply. Van has 94K miles, does not use/leak oil. I'm considering synthetic oil. Good or bad idea?
good idea but once you start with synthetic you cant go back to conventional oilMy 98 Ply. Van has 94K miles, does not use/leak oil. I'm considering synthetic oil. Good or bad idea?
Bad idea synthetic isnt for older cars I would only use synthetic in a car with 30,000 miles or less if it doesnt leak now keep using the oil you have been using switching to synthetic will cause you leaks
very bad idea. If it does not leak now it will when you use synthetic.
its a good idea for it,all synthetic oil is ,its a better grade of oil to use in any vehicle,it will extend the life of an engine,and helps them to last a lot longer,you wont hurt it by adding this oil to it though, you may even see a gain in gas mileage from doing this,its good for any car running to add synthetic oil to it,its expensive,but in my opinion its well worth it,good luck on it.
There are so many myths about synthetics. Anyway, Dodgeman is right on about the benefits of synthetics. I use and recommend Amsoil. Here's a link that debunks 10 myths about synthetic oil: http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=14鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment