Saturday, December 26, 2009

My 2007 Toyota Camry loses more than 2 quarts of oil between oil changes but my car doesn't leak oil?

Its taken the dealership about a year to diagnose the problem. The seemingly unconcerned servicemen always advised me to check the oil level every 1,000 miles. 1 yr. %26amp; several thousand miles later, there's a new crew in the service dept. They rebuilt my engine; replaced the cylinders, pistons, and rings. My car has approx. 39,000 miles on it; 21,000 away from the 60,000 manufactures warranty. I'm concerned about the life of the car and want to know if I should or can demand a new engine w/ extension of warranty. What should I expect or accept? Please advise. I would like to keep it another 10+ years. Thanks.My 2007 Toyota Camry loses more than 2 quarts of oil between oil changes but my car doesn't leak oil?
Deborah, I've always purchased an extended auto warranty for every car I've owned in the last 5 years. I used to get them from the dealer, but I've found it's cheaper to get them from an aftermarket company that specializes in warranties. http://www.goodinternetdeals.com/Auto-Warranty.html They offer free quotes, so it can't hurt to see how much one would cost for your automobile.My 2007 Toyota Camry loses more than 2 quarts of oil between oil changes but my car doesn't leak oil?
It is most likely burning oil in the Engine. Worn out Piston rings, scratched Cylinder head walls, etc. Especially if you smell burning oil or see blue smoke coming out of the exhaust or around the engine compartment.





Off hand, I'd say the guys charged you for new pistons and rings, but didn't actually install them. If they did, then no one bother to machine the cylinder head walls and install oversize piston rings to make a proper seal. If under warranty, make them fix it FREE. Or sue.
I agree. You need to get it fixed while it's under warranty. The rebuild was not done correctly. It shouldn't have needed to be done in the first place. I know many people who drive they're Toyota's 100,000s of miles without this kind of problem. I believe the problem was with the way the car came to you new and then the service you have received on it since.
if it's not leaking it then its burning it someway somehow. Usually will see white smoke coming out of the exhaust. Try using thicker oil and see if that does the trick. But you're still stuck with that problem. Your car is too new to be leaking or burning anything so if I were you I would take that car back and request for a good one.
well i would try my hardest to get a new one at the Toyota's expense


it obviously has major problems and you are still under warranty all this fixing crap never works. you just need a new car. i would talk o the sales manager and see what you can accomplish. if that does not work start harassing the warranties department
I would demand that they either replace your engine or give you a new car. You are protected under lemon laws against such defects. I would check with you state laws to see what your recourse may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment