Friday, December 18, 2009

I have a 99 Honda Civic Ex 1.6L V-tec with an oil leak coming from the rear of the motor towards the firewall.

Its a smalll oil leak right above the oil pan close to alternator bracket. I lose a half a quart a week. I've changed the timing-belt including all the seals (crank %26amp; cam.) Also the oil pan gasket. I cant find the oil leak. I have a 99 Honda Civic Ex 1.6L V-tec with an oil leak coming from the rear of the motor towards the firewall.
Is your oil filter on all the way and is it the right size? If you had a place like jiffy or grease monkey change it last, they mightve just threw whatever was handy on. Also, take some time and clean it as best you can and turn your motor on and then check for new oil. Half a quart is a lot. My best guess for now.I have a 99 Honda Civic Ex 1.6L V-tec with an oil leak coming from the rear of the motor towards the firewall.
what color is the oil?


i had a similar problem with mine but it was the gasket/grommet on the transmission dipstick and the fluid was seeping out and carried to similar location.


replaced dipstick with new oem and all is good


tried to find the damn leak for quite some time

No comments:

Post a Comment