Friday, December 18, 2009

My car is leaking oil and power steering fluid, what could be the problem?

It is a 2001 Chrysler Sebring. It also smokes after I have been driving it for a while, and if I leave the vents on inside of my car the smoke comes inside. I put oil in and then I check it later on, but it is all gone; same with the power steering fluid. When I pull out of where I was parked, there are brown droplets all over the ground and they smell like oil.My car is leaking oil and power steering fluid, what could be the problem?
You have some serious leakage going on, both internal and external to the engine. If you continue to drive your vehicle in its current state, you risk greater damage to your vehicle. The oil leaking to the ground could be a simple oil pan gasket leak. The smoke from driving could be a head gasket leak (could be oil or anti-freeze) or a crack in the block. Hope for the gasket leak as a crack in the block would be much more expensive. Power steering fluid is unrelated to the smoke but certainly needs to be addressed too. If you decide to go through with repairs, consider having your cooling system completely flushed too. That could potentially have caused a problem with your head gasket.My car is leaking oil and power steering fluid, what could be the problem?
most likely you have a rear main seal leaking to check fill with oil and on a level place start car while idiling look under car where the transmission bolts to engine if you see oil leaking there it's the rear main seal the smoke you are seeing and smelling is where oil is hitting the exhaust pipes as for the power steering check for broken hoses or around rack and pinion for leaks

No comments:

Post a Comment