Friday, December 18, 2009

My engine is rattling and I think it's because of an oil leak. Any advice?

I took my car to one of those 10-minute oil change centers and had them change my oil after a 5000 mile cross country road trip. Two weeks later, I noticed that my oil light came on while driving. I drove home and checked the dip stick only to find that it was bone dry!





I had to add 3 quarts of motor oil! I also noticed that the oil was slowly dripping from underneath the car. Looks like they didn't tighten the plug!





Anyhow, now my car makes a rattling/rapping noise and it's even worse when I press the gas pedal. I can barely drive my car now (it stalled a couple of times on the way home) and I'm extremely annoyed/worried.





A few questions:


1) What could possibly be wrong with my car? And will it go away now that I've replenished the oil supply?


2) If there is permanent damage, who is ultimately liable? Is it me or is it the oil change center?





After all, I paid them to do a service and they didn't perform it correctly, which led to my car troubles.





HELP!My engine is rattling and I think it's because of an oil leak. Any advice?
if it is still making that noise and dying when you drive it ,it is most likely the piston rings are burnt and the cylinders are damaged ,,,,,,it is shot to hell,,,,, sorry to tell you that,,,,, but good luck getting them to pay,,,,,,,, with your next car find a mechanic and never use those quickie oil change shops. good luckMy engine is rattling and I think it's because of an oil leak. Any advice?
if you didn t hit something in those 2 weeks to cause it, %26amp; you know they are the cause, that their shotty work done it, yeah, take it back, %26amp; talk to a mangaer if they d ont listen turnthem over to the better busines bureau.
all 10 minute oil change places are evil!
it definitely sounds like it could be serious.





legally speaking its always hard in this sort of situation. if they deny that they did it, you may have to threaten to take them to court, but then youll have to pay a lawyer which may end up costing the same as a new engine, and they will count on you figuring that out and try to drag things on so you just give up.





see, technically they could argue that since as soon as you leave the place, its your responsibility to make sure your car is in proper working order.


thats BS of course, but you know how those lawyers are. you could definitely have a case, but i think they would just try to give you the run around long enough that you drop it.





if i was you, i would maybe ask a lawyer if you can find one to give you free advice. then go back to the place and be very nice and polite, but mention that youve asked a lawyer about it, and that he says they should be responsible. (even if he didnt)





lol, or you could sell the car to some chump and upgrade to the new nissan altima coupe. that thing is INSANE. seriously, im in love with it. id take that over any new bmw.





anywho, yea, they jerked you around, go threaten them, nicely but firmly.
  • poison ivy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment