Friday, December 18, 2009

I have a Nissan Pathfinder with 315,000mi. I bought it cheap because of an oil leak. I tried 2wce, still leaks

I searched some forums and could not find any reference to this problem. I replaced oil pan gasket and the front main seal. The oil pan gasket is fine but after replacing front main seal 2 times, it still gushes oil from seal. It is fine for about 15min's but then it starts leaking again. Is it possible that because it has so many miles the ring's are so worn that I have excess crankcase pressure from blowby forcing oil past the seal? If I check PCV and it is ok what would be the best way to vent this excess pressure if in fact this is what is causing the problem? The engine runs smoothly but is kind of low on power. I know there are several other thing's that could cause low engine power and I can check those but this would support my blowby theary right? It is a nice vehicle other than this big/little problem. woe is me.


Thank you for your insight!


slick58I have a Nissan Pathfinder with 315,000mi. I bought it cheap because of an oil leak. I tried 2wce, still leaks
Blowby would cause valve cover leaks not a main seal leak. Now having a worn crank bearing could throw wear the seal very quickly.I have a Nissan Pathfinder with 315,000mi. I bought it cheap because of an oil leak. I tried 2wce, still leaks
run a dry and wet compression check to see how bad the rings are.
what were you thinkin when you bought this

No comments:

Post a Comment