Friday, December 18, 2009

Can I drive long distance if my car has a VERY light oil leak?

my 96 mazda has a very very small oil leak. it's had it for over 2 years now and all i have to do is put half a bottle in once every month or so and it's fine. I drive it about 45 min on the highway all the time. However, i'm going to be driving about 900 miles next week. ( i really don't have any other choice here but to chance it). I don't have the money to get the leak fixed. Will my car be okay if I keep putting oil in it?Can I drive long distance if my car has a VERY light oil leak?
Yes your car should be just fine. Just make sure to stop frequently to add oil if needed.





My truck had a pretty major oil leak. It was leaking from the oil filter adapter and I drove it from Arkansas to Kansas. Which was almost 500 miles. And all while pulling a loaded trailer.





Have a safe trip.Can I drive long distance if my car has a VERY light oil leak?
Can't See why it would hurt, I bet your after putting close to 900 Miles on it since first discovered. Just keep an eye on it. Do you know where it is leaking from, May be a quick fix
I am sure it will be ok, most car on the road have some kind of oil leak. Just check it when you take breaks.
Yes as long as you check it every so often and keep the oil level up, it will be fine. It would be a good idea to check it when you fill up with gas. Just wait a few minutes for the oil to drain back into the oil pan to get an accurate reading. probably the time it take to fill up with gas would be enough time to check it then. Hope everything goes well. really thats not too bad of an oil leak so I'm sure you will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment