Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I think I have a small oil leak on my 97 Chevy Suburban. Any ideas??

I have noticed my ';service engine soon'; light come on and it has been on about a week. All of our fluid levels are good except today, I did notice a small oil leak.I think I have a small oil leak on my 97 Chevy Suburban. Any ideas??
bad wiring of the sensor unitI think I have a small oil leak on my 97 Chevy Suburban. Any ideas??
you better get that puppy checked out.
That light has nothing to do with fluid levels, That is for emissions. Auto Zone with check it free if you will by the bad part from them. if not you will have to pay someone else $85 to check it for you.
The service light is probably an O2 sensor, but a code scan would tell you exactly what the problem is.





As for the oil leak... Is it coming from the front or the rear of the block? May be crank seal, or valve cover gasket. That will be something that you will need to investigate.
an oil leak won't bring on the service engine light.
  • poison ivy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment