Wednesday, December 16, 2009

1997 Honda Accord.... Buzzing noise on startup. ABS light on. Oil leak... Possibly from hydraulic motor mount?

I have a '97 Accord with the 4cyl. vtec and an auto trans. When I first start the car there is a buzzing or like a humming noise that happens. As soon as the noise stops, the ABS light comes on. I have noticed that the ABS doesn't work. The brakes WILL lock up if I slam on them. I have also noticed an oil leak that seems to be coming from the hydraulic motor mount. What could be causing this noise? My in-laws took it to a mechanic a year or so before they sold the car to my wife and I and he told them that it was a problem with the AC compressor and he would be happy to replace it for them, but it wouldn't be a problem to drive it either. So, my question is, what is the noise? And is it a common problem for these to leak from the hydraulic motor mount? It only has about 104K miles on it. Thanks!1997 Honda Accord.... Buzzing noise on startup. ABS light on. Oil leak... Possibly from hydraulic motor mount?
I don't know about the noise but it is not common for the leak!1997 Honda Accord.... Buzzing noise on startup. ABS light on. Oil leak... Possibly from hydraulic motor mount?
http://www.hondaaccordforum.com/recalls-and-tsbs/make_HONDA/model_ACCORD/year_1994/id_97102796050/TSB.htm





the mechanic that told you the leak was A/C related was an idiot. The leak is from the accumulator, and the buzzing is because the pump can't build up pressure. Report Abuse

an easy/lazy way to get rid of the buzzing is to remove the pump's fuse from the ABS fuse box under the hood. The quoted fix from the Honda dealership is ~$1500, the part alone costs $1000. You may be able to convince them to fix it since its on the TSB. Report Abuse

another ';cheap'; way to fix it is grab the accumulator/pump assembly from the junkyard, run you $50-100 and replace them yourself, but be warned that the factory service manual says to only work on ABS if you have a trained ABS technician near you AND have a separate ABS manual. Report Abuse

sorry for the quad answer, yahoo is apparently an idiot, how am I supposed to help you fix a problem if they won't let me post more than 300 characters. I understand its ';comments'; but your unresolved problem got moved to a ';resolved'; area... Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment