Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ok I have a 1994 cadillac eldorado in florida with a oil leak from the oil sencer?

I've posted this up before but I'm about to fly down on monday. I'm kinda worried about the drive back. Its a 1994 cadillac eldorado with a northstar engine in it. It has 160,000 miles on it but its a very clean car. It has a pretty good leak in it. Probably a court everytime I fill up maybe a court an a half. I need to know if its safe or not safe? Would it be ok to drive straight from Florida to Minnesota or should I let it rest part way. Is it an easy fix or is there anything that will help slow the leak down? I'd leave it but it has to be out of there by the end of the month. I don't want to get stuck on the side of the hwy. Please I need some good advice. I drove it down there eight months ago and it had a mild leak. But once I got there it seamed to leak a little more. But I was still driving it just checking the levels very closely. Thank you!Ok I have a 1994 cadillac eldorado in florida with a oil leak from the oil sencer?
before you drive it , replace the sensor. I would not push a car with that much miles on it. might need to get it towed to Minnesota.Ok I have a 1994 cadillac eldorado in florida with a oil leak from the oil sencer?
This is not (oil sensor leak) a serious problem to correct. I would get it repaired IN FLORIDA and drive back with considerable calm. Why would you want to ADD to your agravation on a trip with a known problem, one that could possibly cause a catastrophic failure of the engine?





As long as an engine has oil in the crankcase and antifreeze in the radiator and does not overheat, it does not need a REST on a long trip.





The repair is simple enough, replace the sensor with a new one, but I am not familiar with the precise location of the sensor so it might be a bit of a hassel to get it replaced but all in all, it is well worth the satisfaction of knowning that all you have to worry about is the UNKNOWN, not the known.
Shady Tree Advice: If you change the oil and add a low diesel weight, the thicker viscosity will prevent the current leak and may not even leak at all. However, you will need to allow the vehicle to rise to it's operating temperature before driving, every time. And change the oil when you arrive to your destination.


Don't forget to check your vehicle at every stop, new or old. It allows you to notice problems before they become major.


Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment