Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Should i fix my 95' infinity J30 oil leak?

I have a 1995 infinity j30. It runs fine at the moment but has an oil leak. Its a rather slow leak. I took it to a mechanic and he said its leaking from the cam seals and some valves(i forget exactly where). The estimated repair is 600$. The car has 171000 miles. My two questions are, Will the leak get worse? and how quickly? Basically how much longer can i expect from the car assuming nothing else major goes wrong? And should i spend the money for the repair or just save up for the new car?


Thanks :)Should i fix my 95' infinity J30 oil leak?
A) from a strictly environmental standpoint - Yes.


B) from a practical standpoint if you are loosing less than 1 Qt / 1000 miles it is more of a bother than a serious problem. It may worsen over time but I would simply keep a close eye on it and save for a replacement car.


Your car is in the top 20% of total miles and a major failure of any driveline component could easily happen in the next few tens of thousands of miles. Should i fix my 95' infinity J30 oil leak?
if the car is not worth it.or you cant afford to get it fixed.try seal repair fluid.auto parts store.seals get hard as they get old.the fluid you add will soften them.it will either slow it down.or solve it.good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment