Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My 93 volvo is leaking oil. What kind of oil does it need?

I understand that I MUST get this problem fixed IMMEDIATELY however I don't have the money to fix it right now. So in the meantime, i have to keep putting oil every week into the motor. I see different kinds of oil:5w, 10w,etc...What kind does my 93 5 cylinder volvo need?My 93 volvo is leaking oil. What kind of oil does it need?
10w-30 is commonly used for normal driving conditions.You didn't mention if the oil leak is external or internal.Anyways,an engine that needs oil every week is pretty serious.The least u can do to reduce the oil consumption for the meantime is to buy a reputable name brand engine oil additive that helps reduce oil consumption.Experiment with one and see if that helps.You can purchase an oil additive specifically for reducing oil consumption at a nearby auto parts store.Good luck and keep it clean..My 93 volvo is leaking oil. What kind of oil does it need?
10w 30 will work fine, im a mechanic. if theres oil where the spark plugs are, then its either a valve cover gasket or a head gasket. if its dry where the spark plugs are then see if they can check out your oil pan gasket
so your 850 is leaking? what U can do is use a thicker oil like lucas oil stabilizer til U fix the prob.,,,and let the car warm up b4 taking off---do not overfill or U wll be the moving smog machine,,,
10W-30





edit: look at the owners manual just to make sure its a 10W-30

No comments:

Post a Comment