Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Burning Smell from Right Rear Wheel? Caused by oil leak?

I asked this question yesterday and got some helpful answers. I took the car to mechanic this morning and he told me that the smell was caused by oil leak from the valve covering gasket and through the pipe to the rear right wheel. He said it's nothing to worry about.





Does this sound OK? Thanks.





Recently my car has had burning smell coming from the right rear wheel, the brake area. Today, I took it out for a short drive. When I got back into the garage, the smell came again. I touched the tire, it's cool. However, I could feel the heat and the smell from where the brake is. Other 3 tires don't have this heat and smell. Do I need to be worried ? If I take it to the mechanic, what could be done? Thanks.Burning Smell from Right Rear Wheel? Caused by oil leak?
It could be oil from a wheel seal, but there's a chance that your brake is stuck. Whatever you do, don't reach around for heat; it will get EXTREMELY hot without really giving off ambient heat. You should get your brakes inspected regularly anyway, so go to a brake shop and they'll be able to tell you easily whether it's a seal or a stuck caliper. Either repair is pretty simple and should cost less than $150.Burning Smell from Right Rear Wheel? Caused by oil leak?
Well, don't ever go to that ';mechanic'; again.





Go get a rear brake inspection..
It sounds like you are wearing on your brake pads....It has a very strong burning smell.





It most likely is worn to the end... Have them checked immediately before it becomes an expensive problem.
Sounds like a damaged or defective brake component to me. What kind of car? Front wheel drive or rear wheel? If the engine is in the front, oil from there should not make it to the rear of the car. Get a second opinion from a different mechanic

No comments:

Post a Comment