Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How should I deal with my embarrassing car oil leak problem?

Twice in recent months I've driven over gutters in car parks which has caused oil leaks. I have a good honest car mechanic I see (they are so hard to find). The first time he said ';So you hit a big pothole did you?'; so I just said ';yes'; because I was embarrassed to give the real reason.





Now for the second time I'm not sure if I should see my good honest car mechanic again because it is more embarrassing for it to happen a second time or go to someone else who may not be so good.How should I deal with my embarrassing car oil leak problem?
Your mechanic could probably care less WHY something happened, they just fix what's broken and charge you for their time and the parts to do so. In the end, you're just a paying customer no matter how boneheaded you were to cause the damage that needed to be fixed. If you trust that the mechanic does good work, why not take it back to him instead of risking poor work done elsewhere by someone you don't trust or know?How should I deal with my embarrassing car oil leak problem?
maybe you should get a bike or moped ive been driving about 40 yrs ive yet to knock a hole in oil pan or casue a oil leak by hitting any pot hole so take it to be repaired soon as you see oil you shoul dstop driving it a round leaking just costing you more money
go back to your mechanic and fess up, it's no biggy, everyone makes mistakes and also he enjoys taking your money.
Just go ahead and see him. If you trust him, and there are good ones out there, believe me, then just visit him, and tell the straight truth, the worst thing for an auto technician is when the owner of the car makes up a story or tells half truth, then the diagnosis as to why the car is not functioning properly will be off and take more time to fix.
just tell your mechanic to fix it. He don't need to know the facts as to how it happened. that is your business. also you might think into getting a skid plate like they put on off road vehicles to prevent this from happening again or start watching where you are driving. I know it is fun sometimes to run over the curb or parking blocks but they can do a lot of damage if you drive a low slung vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment