Wednesday, December 16, 2009

1995 mercury sable gs 3.0 Oil leak -- Need help/input.?

I noticed about 2-3 weeks ago that my car was leaving little drops of oil. Last night I started it and halfway out of the driveway it dropped a big Puddle of oil. It seems to drop the oil when the car is started. I let it sit overnight and it dropped a little oil, but not nearly as much. Another thing I have noticed, however I am not sure if it's related to this issue at all, is that it seems to idle rather roughly and the check engine light seems to come on and on intermittently in the cold. I think it might be the oil pan seal, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what else it might be?1995 mercury sable gs 3.0 Oil leak -- Need help/input.?
there is no pat answer as oil leaks can come from a number of places. has to look with the help of a Strong light to see what seal has gone. If still can't find any mechanic should be able to find as they add a special fluid to the oil that glows under a special light. this way they can trace the leak to the source. either engine or transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment