Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Got my new clutch yesterday, Got oil leak today!!?

I have a ford focus 02, got new clutch in yesterday from a good garage which i always use. Today i have oil leak, When checking the oil there isn't a drop left in. I phoned garage straight away and they've told me to bring it down in the morning. The bloke didn't seems surprised by it, as if it was something that happens.





I will however fill the oil up again in the morning before i drive it down which is only 5 minutes away.





Any ideas whats happened? just so i have a bit knowledge before i go in cos don't want to be fobbed off if they've done some serious damage.Got my new clutch yesterday, Got oil leak today!!?
If you are talking about the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder fluid, this is brake fluid and NOT OIL.





The clutch parts package includes a clutch cylinder on cars that have it mounted internally/inside the transmission.





If all they replaced was the friction plates and ground down the flywheel then you only got half a package. Not sure if the Ford's have this included but the MOPAR's do.





Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment